Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Week 3 Day 3

I looked up the local Chamber of Commerce website today and contacted the first ten retail clothing businesses. I decided to focus tomorrow on lobster/seafood companies because they're really struggling right now. It amazes me that when I take the focus off my own needs, it suddenly becomes very clear who I have to help. I have learned in my 45 years to follow my gut instincts. There has been a name floating around in my head for a few days, my son's teacher from 11 years ago. This man is now the principal of a parochial high school in Maine. I sat down and wrote a letter to him asking specifically for his help in getting My PowerMall off the ground in Maine. Eleven years ago, I was the local manager for a large grant making foundation. I knew he would remember the work I did in the area. I also had a gut feeling to check an online community chat forum on Oprah. Now, my kids will tell you, I am not a chat room person, I had never done it before this one. But several weeks ago, I got onto Oprah's Angel Network forum under Making a Difference. You can't list web sites but I put:

Ginny Dye's idea for perpetual funding for all non profits!
ajcorbett Posted on Dec 2, 2008 2:26 PM
The CEO/Founder of Together We Can Change The World is on a mission to create perpetual funding for all non profits, schools, charities and the people who support them. She created MyPowerMall as the vehicle. Please take a look! This company deserves the spotlight!

Well, there was a response today! Someone asked for more information! I had not even thought about the entry I made until today. Always trust your gut instinct, and that little voice inside that's directing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's how to help the food pantry and earn money yourself along the way!

Go to http://www.mypowermall.com/Biz/Home/26001

Watch the intro video and World Changer video - very short!

Decide to become a World Changer and click the button!

You'll be directed to the sign up page and then you are on your way!